Presentation Skills Training
Participants will master the skills that will make them a better speaker and presenter.
- Gain rapport with your audience
- Reduce nervousness and fear
- Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Create a professional presence
- Prepare and organize information in different ways
- How it All Works
- This section gives an in-depth understanding of the arenas in which presenting takes place
- the physical space
- body language
- audience interaction
- fundamentals of presenting
"The use of the Individual's best skills to convey a clear Message, well Prepared, with good Audience interaction, presented with Conviction and supported by the right Technical backup"
- What's my Unique Presentation Style?
- This takes the form of a short unprepared presentation to camera.
- There is then a discussion about the experience of presenting, what actually happens to you physically, mentally and emotionally.
How You Are Seen
- Your presentation will then be played back followed by feedback from the trainers and your colleagues.
- Here we'll concentrate on your strengths and unique style.
- Any real difficulties in style may be noted here by the trainers to be dealt with later on.
- We record much of the rest of the day's work; however, this is the only time during the day that we will review the recording.
- We'll reinforce some of the principals of an effective presentation.
- Making a presentation in under 30 seconds
- Putting across a clear message
- Using passion to present
- Structuring your presentation support material
- This is not intended to rehearse the presentations.
- Rather the material is used to stretch you and to incorporate the principles worked on earlier in the day.
- The emphasis is on preparing you to develop over the next few months as you make further presentations.
- The session is modified according to the level of the attendees.
- If you are a new or less experienced presenter, we work to stretch your capacity and to demonstrate the active working of a presenting dynamic.
- You'll be introduced to easy skills and techniques to help raise your confidence and ease the anxiety associated with presenting.
- With established presenters, we work more to reinforce some basic principles and introduce more advanced skills as appropriate.
- Care is taken to acknowledge your skills and style.
- Then we move on to specific areas of difficulty where you get wrong-footed or don't do so well.
- Raising confidence
- Clear delivery
- Ability to go "off script"
- How to make non-linear presentations
- How to prompt or plant questions
- How to talk to differing levels of understanding or experience
- Communicating concepts quickly
- Using analogies and drawing on memorable images
- Structuring your presentation entrance and beginning
- Dealing with difficult or tricky questions
- Working presentations around a table
- The relationship between presenter, material and audience
- Difficult presentation issues and people
- Working on your presentation style
- Developing as a communicator rather than a presenter
- Creating an interactive, question-friendly atmosphere